The AIA/CES Program
AIA members are required to complete 18 learning units every year with a minimum of 8 units in the category of Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW). All Won-Door education and training seminars are AIA registered and qualify for HSW Learning Units.
Few life safety components are as essential to building design as means of egress. Won-Door education and training seminars examine code provisions that permit the use of complying horizontal sliding fire doors in a means of egress and present the applications where this technology can be used to solve complex design and life safety issues.
This education and training program meets the AIA/CES criteria. Members will receive a certificate for learning units which will be reported directly to CES.
The seminars include:
- A comprehensive review of the code language and performance criteria
- A demonstration video
- A presentation of common applications
Learning Unit Options
- Sliding Doors in a Means of Egress: An Analysis of Recent Changes to Model Codes is offered as a 1-hour seminar for 1 HSW Learning Unit. (0WDFG2)
- Opening Protective Requirements in Fire & Smoke Walls is offered for 1 HSW Learning Unit. (WD07OP)
- Fundamental Concepts for Architects for 1 HSW Learning Unit. (NFPA3000WD)
Successful completion of the course qualifies for:
- 1 AIA LU/HSW
- 1 IACET CEU (International Association for Continuing Education and Training)